In case of a dispute where the seller is unable to provide a refund or a replacement, Peacock Markets will actively work towards reaching a resolution.
The Buyer Protection Program covers Buyers who are unable to successfully resolve their dispute with the Seller or are not satisfied with the resolution provided by the Seller.
The Buyer can write to our Customer Support Team if the issue with the Seller is not resolved. Peacock Markets’s Customer Support team will look into the case to check for possible fraud and if the Buyer has been blacklisted/blocked from making purchases on the Website. Only after verifying these facts, a dispute can be registered.
In due course of resolution, Peacock Markets’s Customer support Team will facilitate a conference call including the Seller and the Buyer.
When a dispute has been raised, Peacock Markets may provide both the parties access to each others Display Names, Contact detailes including email addresses and other details pertaining to the dispute. Buyers and Sellers are subject to final consent from Peacock Markets for settling the dispute.
Buyer Eligibility and Restrictions
(1) Only the Buyers who have purchased the product on Peacock Markets are eligible for the Buyer protection Program.
(2) Buyers can file a dispute within 45 days from the date of delivery of the product.
(3) Any damage or loss to the product after delivery will not be covered under this program and will completely be the Buyer’s responsibilty. Buyers should refuse to accept delivery if the item is damaged.
(4) To be able to take advantage of the Buyer Protection Program, Buyer should first contact the seller and attempt to resolve the issue. If the Buyer doesn’t hear from the Seller or is unable to resolve the issue with the Seller even after contact, a dispute can be raised with Peacock Markets by writing an email to email@example.com
(5) Fraudulent charges and claims are not covered under Buyer Protection program.
(6) If the Buyer has already initiated charge-back through credit/debit card issuing bank, it will not be covered under Buyer Protection Program, though in such cases a seller can file a claim through the Seller Protection Program.
(7) Buyers who have reached their maximum lifetime limits for claims are also not eligible. Buyers can make a maximum of 5 claims per year on Peacock Markets. If the claim was withdrawn, it is not counted. The coverage amount will be limited to 50,000
(8) Through the Buyer Protection Program, Peacock Markets does not provide any guarantee/warranty to Buyers for products sold on Peacock Markets against technical/manufacturing defects.
(9) Raising disputes against Sellers not not automatically entitle the Buyer to a refund or replacement for the product purchased. Peacock Markets shall verify the disputes so raised and may process only such claims that are valid and genuine.
(10) Peacock Markets shall at no point be responsible for any direct or indirect losses, expenses, costs of any nature whatsoever that may be incurred by any Buyer/Seller.
(11) Claims of the nature of ‘Buyer remorse’ (i.e. instances where products are bought by the Buyer by mistake or where the Buyer chooses to charge his/her mind with regard to the product purchased by him) will not be entertained through this program.
(12) Peacock Markets reserves its right to initiate civil and/or criminal proceedings as aforesaid, Peacock Markets may at its sole discretion suspend, block, restrict, cancel the Display name [and its related Display Names] of such User and/or disqualify that User and relating users from availing protection through this program.
(13) Decisions made by Peacock Markets under the Buyer Protection Program shall be final and binding on its users.
(14) Peacock Markets reserves the right to modify / discontinue Buyer Protection Program without any prior notice period to its Users.
(15) Through this program, Peacock Markets shall not entertain claims of Buyers who have incurred loss due to delayed shipment or delivery of the item by the Seller.
(16) Peacock Markets Customer Support Team may seek additional information/clarification from the Buyer to facilitate resolution of the dispute. In the event Buyer does not respond with information/clarification sought within 10 days of such request, the dispute shall be auto-closed in favour of the Seller.